Sunday, March 31, 2013

Opal Review

Book Review March 30

Opal (Lux #3)
by: Jennifer Armentrout

★★★★★ 5 Stars

Synopsis: No one is like Daemon Black. When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


As if the first two books in the series weren’t good enough, no, Opal had to go and blow my mind. Damnit, son of a bit**…. I’m so mad it’s over. And we have to wait until the end of August. Heaven help me because I don’t know if I can go that long without Daemon.

I do find irony that Katy mentions how annoying and sucky it is having to ‘wait for the next book in a beloved series and how much brutal cliff-hangers suck’ and yet what are we left with… Hmmmm?

I’m so mad it’s over I don’t want to write too much in the review. Basically if you haven’t read the previous books, don’t read this one and begin to question your sanity because no one should go one living without reading about Daemon Black. Grrrrr.
There is just no reason to be so damn delicious. I am not one to really care too much about the cover of a book, but I’ll admit every time I had to put the book down, I had to pause and drool over all the hotness.
I know many people were mad about the cliffhanger and I get that. Trust me I want more. But in my fantasy world, I am loving the turn of events. 1. No one died 2. No one was injured (seriously) and 3. Now Daemon can save the day and rescue the girl (I know I’m stuck in the Stone Age but I love seeing Daemon in the hero role). I can only hope that the next book picks right up where this one left off and not a few  months/weeks later.

It was very hard to see some of the characters again however. Poor Dee is still trying to come to terms with the loss of Adam. I was a little sickened by her new-found friendship with Ash but all things considered I let it go. Then there was her almost hatred for Katy. Luckily this begins to fade throughout the book and it’s clear that Dee is doing her best to move on; it’s just taking her some time.

Damn Blake makes reappearance. And I must admit I have a secret love for him. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because we never know what to expect with him. He’s sweet in a totally creepy stalker way and totally out for himself. The way he manipulates people is almost inspiring because no matter who or what they are he finds a way. I want to punch him and kiss him at the same time. I have a feeling this will not be the last time we see him either. Even though I don’t mind Blake, I love Daemon’s hatred of him. In Opal, Daemon continues to call Blake by every other B-name in the alphabet. My favorite this round was Barf.

It became obvious what the big dilemma of the story was going to be. Even with an idea of what to expect I was still blown away and loved every minute. Most of the fighting and danger is limited to the need of the book but it doesn’t make the beginning or middle any more dull or boring. In fact the anticipation is great. And having another Black brother (Dawson) around helps time fly by.

“Reward me? God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward…” “You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.” – Katy and Daemon

I don’t want to say anymore. It will make me too mad that the next book is so far away and this one was so amazingly, wonderfully, magically delicious I feel the withdrawals starting already. Guess summer will be filled with numerous readings of the previous books in the series and drooling over Daemon. Nice way to spend the day.

“He… he kisses like he’s dying of thirst, and I’m water.” - Katy  

This series is amazing. Katy is so easy to love because of her blogging/book addiction and all things Dean Winchester. (He’s my obsession as well). Daemon is just damn fine and all kind of delicious. His love of my favorite word, “awesome,” truly does describe him and even when he refers to himself, his cockiness doesn’t matter, it only enhances his absolute hotness. And the storyline is very unique. As much as I hate that this one ended I will still recommend this series to anyone. Especially fans of hot guys, especially from outta this world, YA/NA fans and Jennifer Armentrout fans, this book does not disappoint, if anything the series just continues to get better and better. 

HAPPY READING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...