Friday, June 6, 2014

Uncovering You (#2 Submission) Review

April 6. 2014

Title: Uncovering You 2: Submission (Uncovering You, #2)
by: Scarlett Edwards

Blurb ~ I have survived the worst. I have come out of the darkness with my sanity intact.

Now, I get to meet the monster holding me here. For the first time since my captivity began, I get to meet Stonehart.

Whatever he wants, I'll be ready. The collar may be tight around my neck, but I will not be a prisoner.

A prisoner has no choice. A prisoner has no purpose.

But a concubine, on the other hand? She always has a choice.

And today, I choose to fight.
************************************************************* 
Uncovering You 2: Submission continues the story begun in Uncovering You: The Contract. It contains scenes of intense emotional and physical abuse. Readers with sensitivity to such subjects are advised to proceed with caution.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20512700-uncovering-you?from_search=true

My Review & Rating
4.5 Holding My Breath Stars


Going into this I had no idea what to expect. When we first met Lilly she was chained to a pillar and practically suffocating in the dark. At the end of her rope Lilly signed the illustrious contract and only time would tell how that would play out.  Unfortunately kiddies now is that time…
Having figured out who her captor is, Lilly is ready. She is ready to face her captor and her time in captivity. Or so she thinks. Given her circumstances Lilly stands strong. She may be half starved and held against her will but Lilly is willing to do what she has to, even if that includes dealing one on one with Jeremy Stoneheart.
This brings us to Jeremy Stoneheart.  I want to hate him for many reasons and I do but at the same time there is something sick and twisted about him that makes you want to know more. He may be alluring and controlling but everything about him is captivating from the brief moments of human decency to the ones that make you want to knee him in the groin. Jeremy is the master at manipulation. Every time Lilly feels safe or above her circumstances Jeremy knocks her off kilter. Though he allows her some small conveniences like roaming his house there is still his ever present watchful eye that allows him to always control her and be one step ahead.  The big question here is why is Stoneheart the way he is??? Is he even redeemable? At this point, I have no idea.
I won’t lie and say the ending of this book is any better than the first. However I will say that the anticipation is at an all time high. Now that the monster is out of the bag, so to speak, it’s both frightening and exciting to see what happens next. As a big-time HATER of cliff-hangers for some reason these are not life-altering. Perhaps it’s because each part of the series illustrates a different theme within a larger picture or simply because you know the next part is coming soon and you’re willing to wait.  I know I can’t. But I’ll be ready!!!
There is both emotional and physical abuse this time so prepare yourself. Also make sure you read book #1 before as I wouldn’t suggest reading it as a stand-alone.
On a side note I say this to Jeremy….
And to Scarlet


☮ PEACE LOVE & HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...