Monday, March 3, 2014

Until Lilly Review

Book Review 
March 1. 2014
Until Lilly (Until #3)
by: Aurora Rose Reynolds
3.5 Stars

Blurb ~ When Cash Mayson was forced to choose between the love of his life and his unborn child, he knew exactly what he had to do. No matter how broken it left him.
When Lilly Donovan was forced to accept that the guy she loved wasn’t who she thought he was and became a single mother, she knew exactly what she had to do. Proving just how strong she was.
What happens when years later you find out that everything you thought you knew was a lie?
Can two people who once loved each other overcome the obstacles that are thrown at them and fall in love all over again?
Cash Mayson had forgotten how it felt to be loved Until Lilly came back into his life. And now that he remembers, he will do everything within his power to keep not only the woman that he loves, but also his children.
The power of love is a beautiful thing.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18781540-until-lilly

My Review 

3.5 Baby Momma Drama Stars
We all knew at the end of Until Trevor that Until Lilly would be a crazy train times ten. In many ways this book was crazy with all the secrets, psychos and eye-fuckery. However, I thought it fell a bit flat. I’m not one for baby momma drama and this book was jam packed. Clearly Jules was a certifiable bimbo when we learned she hid Lilly’s pregnancy from Cash but until you’ve read this, you’ve seen nothing yet. She’s not just a home-wrecker more like life-wrecker and unfortunately Lilly often takes the brunt of this psychos antics. It helps to see this new fatherly side of Cash, no longer the scandalous bachelor of his past, though his sanity is in question after seeing what a certifiable loon Jules is. 

“I’m going to make you fall in love with me again.”-Cash

A chance encounter at a trampoline park brings Cash together with Lilly once again. Imagine his surprise when he sees a little girl with Lilly calling her mommy that looks just like him. Immediately Cash catches on and knows Ashlyn is his. He handles the situation remarkably well considering. Cash doesn’t make demands of Lilly or propose threats, instead he wants answers. Well, in his mind answers = Lilly and their daughter in his life. 

I really enjoyed the children in this book they really added a new turn of drama for the characters. The instant connection between the kids brought on some teary eyed moments, especially with Jax looking out for Ashlyn.

 Not only does Lilly have to take crap from everyone who assumes she’s just another Jules, she also has to deal with Cash and his persistence. He lost Lilly once and he knows the mistake he made, he refuses to lose her and his daughter. 

”Want to play a game?”
“What kind of game?”
“Naked Hotel”
“Hmm… I don’t know. Last time we played Naked House Day, you almost killed me.”
“Death by cock.” - Cash and Lilly

I do wish Lilly put up more of a fight when Cash started laying down the way things would be. After all the hurt and suffering he caused her (even if it all wasn’t his fault) I felt she gave in a bit too fast. I can understand her wanting her daughter in her father’s life but everything just seemed to move so fast. Add in Jules ruining her life and I can’t believe she didn’t run off. 

“I fucking hate this… I hate that if I had chosen you, I wouldn’t have Jax. I hate what I did, and that I lost you and Ashlyn.”-Cash

Overall I really enjoyed this story but still not as much as Until November.  I found there were many errors and editing mistakes that did piss me off at times but about 2/3 through it seemed to clean up more. Many of the past characters did make appearances and there was a great set up for Nico’s upcoming story. Can’t wait to see who gets this scary bad-boy to settle down. Love this series…

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...