Monday, February 24, 2014

Torn from You Review

Book Review 
January 20. 2014
Torn From You (Tear Asunder #1)
by:Nashoda Rose
4 Stars

Blurb ~ Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet.

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped.
Starved.
Beaten.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18068029-torn-from-you

My Review 
ARC provided by NetGalley for Honest Review
Holy Cracker-jack box. Honestly, the blurb may forewarn you of what’s to come but this book will grab you by the throat and not let go. I wouldn’t say the editing was in excellent shape but the storyline easily made up for that. I wasn’t really too sure how things in the story would play out. Would this be a typical dark romance? Would it have a dominating man who manipulates and mind screws the shit out of you or would things not really be as they appear. Questions bombarded my mind throughout but I loved the journey. I can easily see why this book has become so well read, because I was sucked in and not released till the last line.

The one regret I have is not reading the novella prior to reading this book. I was able to follow along just fine and don’t feel like I missed out on anything, but at the same time I wish I could have seen the beginning and progression of the relationship between Emily and Logan which is what the novella is about.

I loved the mystery within the novel. Right along with Emily as a reader, we’re all wondering what the hell is going on. From Emily’s memories of Logan he has been nothing but kind and the perfect sweet and kindhearted boyfriend. Is Emily’s new reality the real Logan? Has he secretly has this dark side all along? Why then would he have taught her to defend herself and cautioned her to be careful of her surroundings.

After being kidnapped Emily can’t make sense of everything. When Logan walks in she couldn’t be happier that her knight in shining armor is finally arrived to save her. Only he doesn’t.  Nothing is what it appears and Logan has a lot of demons hiding in his closet. Demons he never expected would come back and haunt him, certainly none that would put Emily in harm’s way.

I refuse to say more and ruin the story. Emily and Logan have what starts off as a perfect relationship. Logan is an underground fighter and when he meets sweet and apparently innocent Emily, he doesn’t even believe she could be for him. When shit hits the fan it really hits the fan and this story is something that needs to be experienced like a movie that you can’t help screaming aloud at. I really enjoyed this adventure though I do wish it was a little longer. But I’m still not disappointed. And with Ream and Kat’s story up next I couldn’t be more excited to continue this thrilling series. Fans of dark romance will eat this book up in one sitting and you’ll certainly want more!!

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...