Thursday, January 2, 2014

Until Trevor Review

Book Review 
January 1. 2013
Until Trevor (Until #2)
by:Aurora Rose Reynolds
4 Stars

Blurb ~ Trevor Mayson had his life planned out - make the family business successful and play the field for a few more years before eventually settling down. Then he sees her. Liz Hayes was beautiful, shy and everything that he could ever want...but she didn't fit into his plans. After Trevor painfully rejects her, Liz finally starts to move on, but Trevor is finding it difficult to truly let her go. It seems the more he tries to stay away, the more intense his feelings for her become. Like a stretched rubber band, he can only take so much before snapping.

Liz Hayes is done waiting for Trevor and isn't interested in getting her heart broken by him again, but Trevor is making it difficult for her to forget him when he shoves his way back into her life.

Can Trevor prove to her that he is worth falling in love with again, and is he ready to change his life plan to let her into his heart?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18340482-until-trevor

My Review 


Honestly, I’m a little saddened by this book, don’t get me wrong it was really good but it just was not GREAT like Until November. The tension begins building in the last book and in my opinion I was glad I had just recently read Until November because not everything was explained so I would recommend reading that prior to this. Each is a stand-alone but they still connect and I think it would be easier to understand the relationship between Liz and Trevor if it’s more fresh in your mind. That being said, Trevor is such an idiot and I say that with love. But come on, he deserted her because he thought she was, ‘innocent.’ Talk about a douche move. 

Liz was a very likable character. She owns her own store and ends up getting a job at November’s fathers strip club in order to make extra money after her brother rips her off. For a while her plan works without a hiccup, until one night a bachelor party comes in and none other than the Mayson brothers walk in. In no time, Trevor is there, staking claim and laying down rules. But Liz was burned by Trevor before and she’s not going to give in again and let Trevor make unwarranted demands. Immediately, he does just that, practically steam-rolling her in order to get his way. Lucky for Trevor, the issues with her scheming brother put Trevor at an advantage and makes it easier to get Liz on his side. 

One thing I beyond hated was the background on Cash’s story. OMG talk about drama-tastic, I went through so many emotions in regards to his upcoming story I can’t even tell you. In the beginning I couldn’t wait and as Liz and Trevor’s story continued, Cash’s went haywire and I didn’t want anything to do with it. But damn those chapter intros at the end cause now my book –reading joy will revolve around the publishing of the next book, Until Lilly. I cannot wait. If you read this book, you may want to hold back on reading Chapter one of Until Lilly, because it will leave you wanting so much more and there’s not even a set release date… Deep Breath. 

Back to this story lol. November and Asher, my fav’s make a lot of appearances in this book. Asher being Trevor’s brother and Liz being November’s best friend keeps everyone in the loop. I still can’t get over Asher’s girl producing sperm-truly hilarious. And even Trevor, wanting a baby and Liz while she’s still coming to terms with allowing him back into her life which I appreciated. Far too often the heroines give in way too soon, and though I wish she would have fought a bit more, their relationship is very much on the slow side. 

Overall I enjoyed the story enough. Trevor is no Asher, that’s for sure. I just can’t understand his knowing that Liz was ‘his one’ and literally just throwing her away. Men, they are truly stupid, even in books. Even though Trevor is not my favorite I still loved the story and the relationship between these two. They are very honest with one another and truly trying to make it work. As I already said I am desperately waiting for Cash’s book, up next, and my life will finally be complete once I have it on my kindle… Other than that I truly enjoyed the dual POV’s and non-cliffhanger ending. And the epilogues: pure genius. They go for multiple years and it was a true delight to see the characters still happy year after year after year.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...