Monday, January 6, 2014

Perfect Lie Review

Book Review 
December 18. 2013
The Perfect Lie
by: Teresa Mummert
3.5 Stars

Blurb ~ 
Sometimes love burns so hot in your veins that it consumes all rational thought.
That’s why Brock and I never had a chance. I had to start my life over. College was my chance to become someone new. I changed everything about myself to fit in, but one person saw through my facade.
The attraction between Abel and I was undeniable, but I still hadn’t healed from the painful secret I carried around with me. Abel struggled to get me to face my past in order to move forward. In doing so, he revealed a secret of his own; one that changed everything I thought I knew.
A secret that would bring Brock back into my life and force me to face the truth of what really happened the day I lost him.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17230351-perfect-lie

My Review 
description

description
So I can’t help but be more than a little disappointed in this book. In fact now that I’ve read it I almost wish I could go back and skip it altogether. Don’t get me wrong the story itself was intriguing and interesting but something happens at the end that sort of makes me as a reader feel shorted and left out.
description
description
Honestly most of the story doesn’t even stick out to me other than how upset the ending made me. The story was pretty generic with the typical boy meets girl and girl is hesitant to start anything but over time the two grow close and thus a relationship is born. Even more than that the characters themselves were not particularly likable and that goes for side characters like Delilah’s roommate.
description
There are quite a few questions I found myself asking throughout and even though some were answered in the end all I could think was, ‘So What.’ At this point I was so mad that if I had this in book form rather than my kindle, it would have went for a ride out the window.
description
It’s sad to dislike this book so immensely. I’ve read other books by Teresa Mummert and though I wouldn’t say I LOVED them, I did enjoy them, especially Suicide Note. Unlike Suicide Note, this story deals with even more delicate issues.  And I stress how serious they are especially nowadays. (And no I won’t give you any spoilers lol). If you’ve read Suicide Note you know that there is not really a suicide situation going on, whereas this novel reveals some scary and life-altering scenes. 
Overall I just feel so slighted by this book that even the things I did like pale so far in comparison I can barely remember them. I had this book pre-ordered for so long and as soon as it downloaded on my kindle I dove in. It wasn’t overly thrilling throughout but there was enough plot to keep you connected and interested. But as for me the ending wiped all of that away and smacked me in the face. In fact I’m kind of surprised by my initial rating of 3.5 Stars. Overall I was not happy. Certain parts of the plot were very interesting and I wish things could have played out differently because rather than have what I would perceive as a happy ending, all I was left with was questions and Anger. Read at your own risk.
description 

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...