Saturday, November 9, 2013

Untangle Me Review

Book Review 
October 3. 2013
Untangle Me
by:Chelle Bliss
2.5 Stars

Blurb ~ Kayden is a bad boy that never played by the rules. Sophia has always been the quintessential good girl, living a life filled with disappointment. Everything changes when their lives become intertwined through a chance encounter online.

Hundreds of miles separate them, but the connection that draws them together is too much to be denied. As the layers of their lives peel back, Kayden keeps the dangerous parts of his past hidden to protect the woman who is becoming more important to him than he should allow. What starts as a pursuit of carnal pleasure turns into a complicated love story. His past is a tangled web filled with addiction, an obsessed ex-girlfriend, and problems with the law.

One mistake he thought he had left behind may end up ruining it all.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18171014-untangle-me

My Review 


ARC provided by Author for Honest Review
So I’ll admit I was not impressed with this book. I more saddened by this because I felt it had so much promise but I just felt like it dragged on and the main male character Kayden came off as weak and whiney. For a former bad boy I just didn’t get that vibe. Sure I’m all for a guy who is passionate about one woman but too much about him just played off wrong and I couldn’t fully accept him. Even weak characters can redeem themselves but I felt like Kayden was constantly walking on the edge of a brick wall throughout.

”I lived another life in my books, one filled with excitement and passion. My book boyfriends dominated me, fucking me so hard that my orgasms knocked me out.”-Sophia

What’s so great about this story is how original it is and is not. It all starts after Sophia receives a friend request from Kayden Michaels on Facebook. She is hesitant to accept before doing some further research (gotta love the girl). She realizes they are from the same hometown and share some mutual friends so she figures why not. Over time the two get to know each other on a deep level though Sophia still prefers staying at home with a book and all the naughty boys/toys it contains. She can’t understand Kayden’s fascination with her and since he admits to being single and a bit of a man-whore she doesn’t really consider him wanting her, a hum-drum librarian from Florida.

Like most men Kayden is both unclear and unsure of what he wants and has a difficult way of sharing these feelings with Sophia. The two are often at crossroads because they stink at communication. What worked so well online has a cautionary time catching up once they meet and meet they do.

“Messaging and talking no longer satisfied my craving. I believe I loved her before I ever touched her… Is that possible? I needed a good girl in my life, and I wanted somebody I could trust with my secrets and my heart.” – Kayden

Putting on her brave pants brings these two together. With Kayden’s “I’m not looking for love and I stay away from any situation where it’s even a possibility,” attitude Sophia feels like she’ll be nothing more than another warm body for Kayden to lose himself in. Kayden has his work ahead of him to prove her otherwise.

Of course no book is complete without a crazy ex. And boy does Kayden’s put the “Capital C” in Crazy. Not only does she cause crazy drama, Kayden has his own share of secrets and skeletons in the closet to deal with. He has to come clean with Sophia not knowing how she will react. Will she accept the real him, faults and all? Or will she take her chances and run home for good. I was upset with Kayden way too many times and I think that’s the overall problem for me with this story. Everyone has pain but Kayden deals with his in a selfish way and sometimes reacts very harshly when many times it’s beyond undeserving. I’m not a fan of weak males and that’s how it played out for me, though, in Sophia’s eyes he redeemed himself, I just didn’t really feel it, or at the very least feel that it would last.

Overall dual POV’s really helped move the story along. I also really enjoyed the tour of New Orleans, it shows the authors own passion for the famous city and I felt like I was there myself. However what I liked least was Kayden’s sharing skills. For example he shares about his non-relationship ways and at the same time claims to love her without knowing her and only seeing her image online. That’s fine and dandy but as a female that is just too many kinds of confusing, I mean what did he expect her to think when they met. Maybe I was just in a mood when I read this but it was just okay. Luckily I felt the story moved fast and though there were instances I wish were left out, I finished it and was glad how things worked out.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...