Saturday, November 9, 2013

REAL Review

Book Review 
October 29. 2013
REAL (Real #1)
by:Katy Evans
5 Stars

Blurb ~ A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17617277-real

My Review 


ARC provided by NetGalley for an Honest Review
Now I finally know why everyone was asking me, ‘You haven’t read this yet?’ Honestly, I was missing a lot. Everyone needs to read this book, Remy is just that hot. Remy is two hundred plus pounds of pure hot sauce and I wanna drink the whole bottle, damn the burn…. The sexual tension is off the charts and though I know it pissed off a lot of people 

I was hooked from the first page. Remy just has this aura around him (besides all the deliciousness) that just draws you in. You want to know more as if your life depends on it. At first I felt like I was reading Beautiful Disaster since Brooke and Remy meet at a fight and he is clearly fascinated by her at with one look. However, Remy being a fighter is the only similarity to Beautiful Disaster and since Brooke is 100% less maddening than ‘Pigeon’ I am still suffering an intense book hangover. 

To sum up the book quickly, Brooke is dragged to an underground fight for her friend, whom actually has the hots for the famous Remington Tate. Unfortunately for her, Brooke garners all Remy’s attention and he slickly formulates means to get her close to him. Having a former Olympic past and athlete training, she is the perfect candidate to join Remy’s team.  Lucky for her he knows how to push her buttons and well, mine, cause there was so much sexual tension in this book I had to change panties and regulate my breathing a few times. Unlike his normal sexual escapades Remy approaches Brooke differently and rather than give into the lust, he continues to make her hotter until all her gages are set to explode. On a side note I loved Remy’s communication through music, I thought it was both beautiful and though provoking. Also music has a way to set the mood and as if I didn’t stress the HOT factor enough, Remy playing you a song from his iPod certainly will. 

Not only is the book off the charts hot, it tackles some very serious issues. I refuse to say more because it works to be shocked, wary and a little bit afraid as you read it. It works to really put you in the right emotional state for this book. And trust me, Remy will consume your mind and dreams too, but they’ll certainly be happy ones. 

I die-hard loved this book. I had a few issues and times I was screaming knowing what was to come. I did at one point want to smash Brooke’s face into a wall, but that was Remy’s influence rubbing off on me, and he has a surprisingly forgiving nature considering she showed how dense she could be, but luckily I only found two instances of this, thank the heavens. 

Honestly, there is so much that’s great about this book it really needs to be experienced. Hell, Remy needs to be taken out for a joyride and there are more books in the series to look forward to. I hate to say it but this book will make you laugh and smile and more importantly put Remy at the top of your book-boyfriend list, he practically makes you forget all the others. 

Overall, great great book. Katy Evans is truly an amazing writer. She knows how to grip your emotions and eyes in a way that will leave you cross-eyed but happy for the experience. There’s no cliff-hanger but your NEED for more Remy will make you feel like there is. Read. Enjoy and Be Happy, I sure was. 
 

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...