Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Twisted Review

Book Review May 1st

Twisted #2

by: K.A. Robinson

★★ 3 Stars

 Synopsis: Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after... Almost.

When Chloe's mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected.
Everyone has their demons, and Chloe and Drake's hit them with a vengence.

Sex, drugs, money, a crazy ex, and Rock n Roll.... Can they survive it all?

Things are beginning to feel a bit... Twisted.


Review 


For some reason I was really not as invested in Twisted as I was in Torn. Perhaps this is because I was so angry at Chloe and in pain from watching Logan suffer I couldn’t enjoy it as much. Plus Twisted is nothing like Torn and takes the characters and you on a whole new roller coaster ride.

Twisted starts up right after the end of Torn and this time we get an unfortunate up-close look at Chloe’s mom. Her mother is a drug-addict and will do anything to get her fix no matter who she hurts, especially family.
Chloe is summoned by a sick and dying aunt to return for a visit. She only goes in order to make sure her mother does not receive anything in the will. Her aunt is no dummy and never planned on giving her a cent. She feels guilty for not doing more for Chloe when she was younger, knowing how her mother was.
The real drama comes in the form of another man named Jordan, whom unbeknownst to Drake was the guy to take Chloe’s V-card. The great thing about this book, even with the sometimes overwhelming drama, was it was both Chloe’s and Drakes POV. It helped keep things from being one-sided.
I don’t want to say to much about Twisted without giving anything away, but when Drake goes on tour, it’s only too obvious that shit is going to hit the fan. And hit it does. Though, I’ll be honest I really began to see Drake in an unlikable light and he came of really weak in Twisted and I almost pitied him for his idiocy. It’s one things to react to your girlfriend cheating, it’s another to listen to someone you admitted was crazy about said girlfriend cheating without any proof. When Drake goes off the deep end, he does not mess around. I was so beyond disappointed in Drake and his actions made me more accepting of Jordan, regardless of how rude he was.
After Drake makes his idiotic choice, I really got lost with this book and didn’t care. The reasons Drake had for ‘screwing up,’ don’t even come close to acceptable. He’s so sure of him and Chloe and her insecurities, he never once thinks to verify facts first. I might have been angrier by the fact that rather than take a small step in he just plunges in with the most dangerous stuff with no thought to anyone else, especially his band who is counting on him.
I won’t lie, I was once again angered by the fact that somehow Chloe attracted almost every guy. The interesting thing is, they want her even more when she is attached. She must be sending off chocolate flavored pheromones or something because I just can’t understand, she’s not that amazing.
The one saving grace was how she handled the Drake situation. Having been raised in the same lifestyle she puts her foot down and finally takes a stand. I could not believe how weak Drake was to give in so easily and watch him basically throw everything away, AND FOR NOTHING. 

Certain parts were fairly obvious to interpret or predict such as her mother and the accident. It didn’t seem as mysterious as the first book and mixed with the Drake situation I was let down.

All that aside, I could not stop reading. With all the stupid choices these characters make I needed to see how it would end. Even the apologies seemed half-ass and unbelievable but at least this time, I felt more connected with Chloe. 
The ending wraps up nicely but I was still too bothered by the drama in between to believe in the HEA. In fact I was sort of over both Drake and Chloe and more interested in her cousin, Jordan and the band than anyone else. 

I would recommend this to love-triangle fans and K.A. Robinson fans. There are some very serious issues included in these books, real-life situations that happen every day. I may not have enjoyed both books immensely but I understand and respect the realistic elements that K.A. Robinson brings to the table. I think it is important for everyone to be familiar with the world and this book helps open your eyes to the reality and ease at which everything can turn to hell.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...