Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Twisted Perfection Review

Book Review April 22nd

Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1)

by: Abbi Glines

★★★★★ 5 Stars 

Blurb: Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.
The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…


REVIEW
What is there to say, really, about Twisted Perfection aside from how absolutely amazing, fantastic and wonderful it turned out to be. Apparently I was one of the few who fell in love with Woods in the Fallen Series, dare I say more than Rush (gasp).. And he did not disappoint when it was his story. I didn’t realize that there would be a follow-up book but haters of cliff-hangers, like me, have no fear there’s no DOOZY of an ending. Sure it leaves you wondering how Della and Woods will deal with this new drama but no edge of your seat, dying to read it, willing to sell your first born sort of thing. But want more, I do.
Woods is still on the management track at the country club. We get to see inside his family and boy, do they suck. Another bunch of pompous rich people trying to control their son any way they see fit. Let’s just say when the time calls for it, Woods puts his proverbial foot down.  These two will light your eye sockets on fire!!! 

description

The beginning of Twisted Perfection will hook you right away. One sit read this one is. Make sure you got a beverage nearby, because saying Woods is a take charge lover is a bit of an understatement. The sex=beyond HOTT. And my love for Woods only grew. Trust me, this boy has naughty dreams all over him, and I can’t wait till he shows up in mine. 

 description

I was so thrown going into this, because I made myself not read any teasers. Finding out Woods was gonna marry that hateful, ungrateful, snob really threw me. And the fact he put up with it so long was bothersome but my love for him was too strong and he made the right decisions at the right time and didn’t make stupid judgments once Della came on the scene. 

Della was amazing. Her story really gave this story an edge. She brought something different to the table and didn’t whine about it. (I applaud you Miss Glines for your genius mind.) Della’s issues are not of the norm, but damn, if she doesn’t LIVE in spite of them.  She’s an extremely strong and brave and just the bit of sunshine to warm Wood’s lonely and sad life. She makes bad choices and faces them head on. Her best friend may be her driving force but she’s still strong in spite of her childhood and issues. 

I don’t know if Hate is a strong enough word for how I feel about Woods’s parents, Della’s mother as well. Everyone is so screwed up, and trust me, that’s an understatement. 

It is not necessary to read the Fallen series before this one, but it is highly recommended. We do see previous characters from Fallen but not too much as this story really focuses on Della and Woods.
Of course my kindle decides to flake out on me now, so I cannot include any quotes, to which Iapologize, there were a few doozies and saying Woods is a sweetie is putting it lightly. He’s beyond delish, bad-ass when he needs to be and just plain ol’ amazing. He doesn’t handle Della with kid gloves nor does he gloss over the whole situation. Again=AMAZING

To sum it up, this is how I felt when it was over…
description

And there will be more to their story, ugh YESSSSS!!!
description

Would I recommend this??? HELL YES.. Read it, you’ll be super happy you did..

Here's some Amazon links to the Fallen Series and of course Twisted Perfection....  

And Goodreads
Twisted Perfection

 HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...