Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Solitude of Passion Review

Book Review 
November 28. 2013
The Solitude of Passion
by: Addison Moore
5 Stars

Blurb ~ When old love and new love collide an impossibility is born.

When Lee Townsend’s husband leaves on a community outreach to China, the last thing she expects is for him to never come back—for him to have tragically met his demise.

Lee goes on to marry his adversary and settles into life and business with him, merging her vineyard with his and creating a worldwide conglomerate.

Five years later a twist of fate brings the past back to her and forces Lee to make a decision that will change the landscape of her life forever.

Secrets emerge, forcing relationships to be examined—magnifying the surprising true underpinnings of her marriage to both Mitch and Max.

Lee’s heart is unwilling to surrender her love for either Mitch or Max.
She must choose to carry forward with the past or present.

Lee has a choice to make.
Mitch can’t figure out how to win.
Max never loses.

Worlds collide in THE SOLITUDE OF PASSION


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17898921-the-solitude-of-passion?from_search=true

My Review 


Sometimes being stuck in the hospital for days on end can be a God send. That’s where I was when I read this book and thank the Lord because my emotions and state of mind were all over the place. From all the reviews it's clear this book is for some a Love or Hate, I can gladly say I am in all kinds of love with this book even if my blurry eyes disagree.

I’ve read other books by Addison Moore, some that I loved and some that I want to erase from my memory altogether. For awhile I put this book off, not only because of the page length but because I figured given the blurb there’s only a few ways this can play out. A.) One of the men will die, B.) Lee will luck out and win both men’s hearts or C.) There is no happy ending for anyone. 

I won’t tell you which selection was correct because even though I was right, the story and all that takes place trumps the end. I warn you though, you will cry your eyes out and if you are in public, make sure you have sunglasses and a box of tissues. This was a beautifully written story of loss and love. 

Lee couldn’t be happier in her marriage with Mitch. When he leaves on a community outreach program in China, Lee is scared and wary of the time apart. Though she fears the separation the last thing Lee expects is to get word of Mitch’s death.  The pain Lee feels is indescribable and if not for being pregnant, Lee might not have made it through. All the while Max, Mitch’s ex-friend and now nemesis is by Lee’s side. The two shared stolen moments years ago and though Max would like nothing more than to make Lee his, all he does is help her heal. 

Years later Max and Lee are happily married. Nothing can break them apart, until news of Mitch’s resurrection breaks their happy shell. Poor Lee, you can’t help but suffer with her. God, my eyes are watering just thinking of all the drama and emotion I hope I never have to feel. What’s Lee supposed to do when faced with two husbands, one from the past that she let go and another she’s let into her already full heart. 

This book was more a surprise than anything. Lee’s conflict becomes the heart of the story and her heart is constantly in ruins. Both men want their wife and Lee has to somehow choose. Neither man makes it easy on Lee, both fighting for her love and affection. Lee is constantly in a whirlpool of emotion from grief to love and suffering to joy. Every time Lee thinks she has a decision, something or someone makes her change her mind. I truly envy Lee because though she broke down on more than one occasion I thought she overall handled the situation rather well. She never made an overly rash decision (aside from in her head) and was constantly trying to listen to what her heart was telling her. 

I won’t ruin the story and give any clue as to what happens or how its all handled. I will tell you that I was torn up after this book and needed a few days recovery time. I felt like I myself became Lee and so much grief and suffering was not easy to let go. Addison Moore blew this one out of the park. While I was hesitant in starting I was quickly sucked in. I cried more than I’d like to admit and I still loved this story even with all the hospital drugs in my system. When the nurses came into my room at 4 AM to tell me to stop reading I knew this was a keeper. If you’re looking for an emotionally charged book that will grip you and squeeze you tight, The Solitude for Passion may be just what you need. I was blown away not knowing what to expect and even with my few guesses I wouldn’t change a thing. Solid A plus book with phenomenal characters and a heartbreaking story that I won’t be forgetting soon.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...