Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Fine Line Promo with Excerpt

Title: The Fine Line
Author: Alicia Kobishop
Release Date: December 6. 2013

Synopsis: 
High school senior Liv Evans has one rule: No attachments. She’s lost enough in her life and has vowed to do whatever it takes to make sure she never again feels the emptiness of losing someone she loves. Boys are a fun distraction, but a serious relationship is something she’d rather live without. Her determination for a future free of pain and heartbreak is put to the test when she meets–and quickly forms an unexpected bond–with Logan Tanner.

Logan has always been a free spirit, but ever since a life-changing event took place, which left him doubting the integrity of those who are closest to him, he’s taken that term to a whole new dangerous level. Learning the hard way that life is too short for worries or work–and that women can’t be trusted–Logan has exchanged steady work for street racing. When Liv walks into his world, everything he thought he knew about life and women is challenged.

In The Fine Line, Liv and Logan will discover if it’s possible for true love to have a future, or if history is destined to repeat itself.

Buy Links

Alicia Kobishop Bio
Alicia Kobishop, who was born, raised, and currently resides in the greater Milwaukee, WI area, is a happily married mother of 2 young children. "The Fine Line," a new adult contemporary romance, is her debut novel. 
 
Author Links

Excerpt
Logan and I said our goodbyes to Nate and Mel and hopped into the Mustang.  He turned the key, bringing the engine to life with a low powerful growl.  The faint smell of exhaust mixed with the heavy rumble made me feel oddly at home and I felt the corners of my mouth lift up. I turned to face him as he backed the car out of the driveway and pulled onto the road. 
His right hand held the top of the steering wheel as he looked ahead at the road.  Each time a streetlight lit up his face, I noticed a new incredible feature.  His chocolate hair was lifted up at the top but was just messy enough to tell the world he didn’t care about things like hair.  His full lips were completely closed with his top lip being slightly larger than the bottom.  His maroon colored t-shirt was worn, but not holey, and was just the right size to say he had a body, but didn’t need to show it off. 
“You’re doing it again.”  He said as a grin took over those lips and his amused eyes turned to me. 
Shit!  I’m staring.
I quickly turned to face the road.  “Doing what?”  Playing dumb was the first thing I thought of, but I suddenly became nervous that he would call out that move.
He let out an entertained huff, “Nothing.”  Out of the corner of my eye, I notice him turn to face me again, just before returning his gaze to the road and he tapped his thumb on the steering wheel.  “I’ve been friends with Gavin for a while, and I’ve never seen you at his place before.  Where have you been hiding?”
I shrugged. “I’m not hiding anywhere.  I’ve been to Gavin’s a few times.”
He responded by turning to me while raising a brow, signaling that he was looking for more details.
“I’ve just been busy with work, I guess.  I plan on moving out once I’m done with school, and I want to make sure I can support myself.”
“No college?”
“I don’t know, maybe.  We’ll see,” I replied.  I didn’t like to talk about myself, and most people were put off by the fact that I didn’t want to go to college.  I learned to keep that piece of information to myself. “What about you?  Are you in school?”
“Nah, I graduated high school last year and after my dad passed, I decided to take a year off before starting college right away.  I’m fine the way things are.  College isn’t for me right now.”
I found it interesting that he was so openly candid about his father.  “Do you work?”  I asked, wondering what he did all day if he didn’t go to school.
“I guess you could say that,” he smiled, with his eyes on the road.
What kind of answer is that?  Following his lead from before, I playfully eyed him, letting him know that I wanted him to elaborate. When he saw me staring again, and on purpose, he laughed.
“My work is keeping my car in top condition and keeping up on the latest technology,” he continued.  “Most of the cars I race against are compact and lightweight, and with an older, bigger car like mine, you have to make…modifications…to get it to move fast.  Other than that, I fix other people’s cars here and there.”
He makes his money from racing?
“What’s the blue button for?”  I asked as I glanced at the steering wheel.
He looked at me with a grin, then back at the road.  “That’s for the nitrous.”
I remembered seeing nitrous in the Fast and the Furious movies.  “Isn’t that dangerous?  We’re not going to blow up, are we?” I said, suddenly concerned. 
“Don’t worry.  I spend a lot of time researching safety and proper installation.  You’re right, it is dangerous, if not taken care of properly.”
“Oh, great.  I’m riding in the death mobile.”
He watched me as I shifted in my seat, and he chuckled.  “It’s just for speed, Liv.  It’s not going to kill us.”
I anxiously bit my fingernails the rest of the way home, and I breathed a sigh of relief when we pulled into my driveway safe, sound, and in one piece. 
“Looks empty.  Is anyone home?” Logan asked as he looked at the dark house.
“No, they’re at the pub,” I answered.
“Which room is yours?”
I leaned over him and pointed. “The one with the balcony there.  I think my mother took pity on me the last time we moved, and I got the best room out of it.”  I turned my head to look at him and realized just how close I had leaned into him.  When I saw his eyes on me and not my balcony, I froze.
The appropriate reaction would have been for me to pull away, but there was something about his eyes that kept me stuck there.  Nobody had ever looked at me the way he was looking at me right now.  It was as if he saw me…really saw who I was.  The thought of that, although intriguing, was unsettling.
I wanted to lean back into my seat, I wanted to run, but I couldn’t move.  His pupils darkened and my heart began to pound.  Keeping his eyes on mine, with a serious expression, he slowly began leaning toward me.  My skin burned as the gap between his lips and mine began to close.  This beautiful man was going to kiss me. 

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...