Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cherished Review

Book Review 
January 22. 2014
Cherished (Wanted #4)
by: Kelly Elliott
2.5 Stars

Blurb ~  Jessie Rhodes has been in love with Scott Reynolds for most of her life. But he ran away from her once, leaving her heartbroken.

When they find their way back to one another, things seem to fall into place, and they begin to plan their future together…

Until Scott’s ex-fiancée deceives them all. With yet another broken heart, it is Jessie’s turn to run away. During her retreat, she meets an intriguing man, and they form a bond that makes Jessie question everything.

Scott’s world collapses when the only girl he has ever loved disappears with no word on her whereabouts. When he finally discovers where Jessie has been hiding, he also learns of her new relationship.

Will deceit tear them apart? Or can Jessie and Scott survive their mistakes and choose to love and to cherish?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18369996-cherished?from_search=true

My Review 
I'm just..... Disappointed...
With all the ranting I will be doing there will surely be spoilers, so approach with CaUtIoN

I don’t know what I was thinking reading this. I told myself at the end of Faithful to save myself some grief. Enough of the drama, but with this being the last of the series I couldn’t resist and what a mistake that was. I honestly thought the drama couldn’t possibly be as bad as the last books and surely there wouldn’t be another unplanned miracle pregnancy, right? Wrong!!


From the previous book we get an insight into the relationship of Jessie and Scott. After a total douchebag move when he was younger, Scott is lucky Jessie even gives him the time of day. But both have had feelings since high school and getting together now seems hard to deny.

When Jessie walks in on who she thinks is Scott and her ex, she panics. No not really panics more like retreats. She runs away, literally and not for a few days, but more than a few weeks. She tells no one where she is going and basically let’s Scott ruin her life. She even uses up the money she was going to buy the local vet clinic with to fund her get away.

All Jessie wants to do is forget and all Scott wants to do is find Jessie. Everyone is so glaringly annoying. They all react and never stop to think before their actions cause more harm. Both Scott and Jessie are guilty of this.

While on vacation Jessie meets someone else. Someone who slowly helps her heart heal and invokes feelings in her she doesn’t want to feel for anyone but Scott. This whole mystery man was a whacked out part of the story. And how it’s solved just comes out of nowhere and didn’t feel like it fit at all. I mean threes only so much drama one can realistically believe is even possible and I lost my reality check back in Saved.

I was constantly wanting to cause these characters bodily harm. Both Jessie and Scott are clueless and need to work on themselves before they should consider a relationship.

Another issue I had with this book was all the other POV’s. I was glad we got to see more of each of the past characters but it really took away from being Jessie and Scott’s story. Not to mention each POV was overly sweet and sugary and usually has a sex scene. Can we say overkill……?

Overall I’m just shocked by how unbelievable it all is. As this series went on it just got more ridiculous. Honestly I’m sad because I loved Wanted and even though Saved pissed me off more than I can describe I was still interested in everyone else’s story. Now I have a fear of ever going to the country and mixing it up with a cowboy. Not only are they all horny asshats, there is more drama in the backwoods here than a celebrity rehab show and don’t even get me started on the 900 babies everyone is always having. Sure there was a HEA but I felt aged just reading this. And now with the series ending and a new one starting with everyone’s children, I’m wiped and I call out. Kelly Elliott is a gripping and wonderful writer, I just can’t deal with all the drama. Never have I read something that pissed me off more and kept me wondering how these women stayed same. If drama is your thing, by all means, read this series, you won’t be disappointed.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...