Author: Alicia Rae
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Cover Designed By: Okay Creations
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
Still trying to recover from a tragic loss, Lily’s worst fear is falling in love. Distancing herself from everyone is the only way she can keep heartache away.
Deep down though, Lily realizes that living without Kyle is too painful. She finds strength in Kyle’s arms, and he gives her the courage to face her past. With every step forward, Lily continues to nurture and mend her damaged heart.
Just when Lily feels closure within her grasp, secrets from the past finally catch up with her, and Lily will discover that more than her heart is on the line.
Will love be enough to save Lily?
Alicia Rae is a Contemporary Romance Author who lives in Dekalb, Illinois, with her husband and three beautiful boys. Alicia has a passion for reading all types of romance, writing to bring a story to life, and photography.
Thank you to my dear sister, Kels, who showed me a few years ago how much I truly missed reading. And to my loving husband, for not throwing away my Nook, and planting the seed of writing into my mind. I am forever grateful. Xo
Readers, words cannot thank you enough for supporting me along this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I do writing them. I thank each and every one of you.
Believe in yourself and follow your dreams…
Book 1 Beautiful Chances Review
November 6. 2013
November 6. 2013
4 Stars ★★★★
ARC provided by Author for Honest Review
While I loved the first one and enjoyed this one, it just didn’t “wow” me like Beautiful Chances did. I think my favorite part of book one by far was Kyle and thankfully he was just as swoon-worthy this time around.
“Telling him that I loved him, to me, was a huge step. I could never take back my words. I would never want to take them back.”-Lily
Lily is of course still having a hard time coming to terms with losing her family. Now she has Kyle, her rock, to help her through the more tough times, but it’s still an inner battle she needs to overcome. The book starts off literally right where the first left us and it flows as if it never ended.
Kyle’s more possessive alpha side comes out and every growl had me sweating.
There were a few things I didn’t like however.
- The foreshadowing or hints about things Kyle’s keeping from Lily. I hope book three isn’t all about these secrets.
- About a ¼ of the way through until the end it felt like 95% of the book revolved around them having sex or Lily crying. Seriously she cries non-stop, hell, she probably still cried during sex. I’m a fan of sex as much as the next person, but every few pages was overkill.
- I felt like Lily should have had more of a breakthrough in dealing with her past. Sure she goes to visit her family and get her families’ home cleaned out but I didn’t feel she grew enough. She had so much inner power that even she doesn’t realize and even without Kyle she should be stronger.
- I completely forgot about the whole stalker drama. In fact it just miraculously is brought up again 50% in.
- The stalker drama overall was kind of blah. It’s not mentioned at all the first half of the book and then suddenly it’s brought back in and by the end solved and cleared up like a pesky bug. I assumed this would be dragged on to book 3 and though I’m glad it did not, everything was handled very awkwardly.
- It really felt like a middle book. Kind of draggy and to the point where much of it could have been cut to perhaps conclude the series rather than have a whole ‘nother book after this one.
“I opened my heart to loving someone again, but if I were to lose anyone else I loved, I knew my heart would shatter beyond repair.”-Lily
I know I had a lot more bad things to say about the book than good but I didn’t hate it. It was still an enjoyable read and I loved re-visiting these characters again. I’m hoping the third book will be a lot more pleasing especially since it will focus more on Kyle and them moving in together.
I was glad we finally got to meet her family: cousins, aunt and uncle. Since her visit home continues in this book we get to see a lot of her cousins and they are like a bunch of kids when they’re all together. Off-roading on ATV’s was a favorite past-time of Lily and her cousins, so it was nice to see her let loose and have fun again. Plus having Kyle around certainly helped.
Overall though I felt a bit letdown between all the crying and sex, I’m still looking forward to the final book in the series. Kyle continued to steal my heart and I can’t wait till we learn more about him. I’m afraid of what we’ll find but at least the stalker is out of the way so these two can finally focus on their relationship and becoming permanent fixtures in each others lives’.Tour-Wide Giveaway (US Residents Only)
3 Winners ~ Kindle, 2 signed paperbacks of Beautiful Chances
a Rafflecopter giveaway