Thursday, September 19, 2013

Love Succumb Review

Book Review 
September 17. 2013
Love, Succumb (Obsessed Men #1)
by: Eve Davids
2.5 Stars

Blurb ~ Two souls …
Destined to be together
But just can’t be …
Eve’s life is going well -A job she enjoys, friends she loves, and a boyfriend who loves her and is dedicated to helping her achieve her end goal: Revenge.
Rene Ackerley happens.
A brilliant, beautiful man who has the world at the tip of his fingers. Money, Power, Respect, he has it all.
At thirty, he is the leader of a world-wide syndicate so powerful that its existence is almost legendary.
He is also the leader of the very men who took everything away from Eve.
The instant their eyes fall on each other, obsession becomes as real as the air they breathe.
They crave each other like drugs. They can’t bear to be apart.
But there is Bash. The man who has been in love with Eve since he was a young boy. She is all he knows. He will rather die or kill than be without her…



My Review 


*ARC provided by Author for Honest Review*
~It's as confusing as the blurb makes it seem...~

I wanted to like this book. Unfortunately it was just ok. The writing style was very hard to follow and I almost D-N-F early on but I forced myself through considering how short it actually is. 

Confusion is something I constantly felt while reading this. The first few chapters had my head spinning. I could not figure out where they were. So much mention of South America, Brazil and Chicago that I had question marks spitting from my head. There was so much potential and I didn’t hate it, the story itself just seems underdeveloped. It begins in second person and then halfway through the story it’s 1st person and the characters are engaging readers. Also there’s mention of this higher power referred to as the Syndicate. All I got out of this was it was some rich and shady organization for the rich and powerful. It was just another confusing element. Mix in a crazy heroine, rich and powerful alpha male who wants her no matter the consequences and the end result is this. 

The end was interesting because I actually want to read the second part more. I only hope that the numbers of grammar/spelling errors are less and the story is fleshed out a bit more. There was the presence of that annoying telling-not showing style that I could do without.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...