Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Picture Perfect Review



Book Review June 18
Picture Perfect (Renegade Saints #1)
by: Ella Fox
★★★★ 4 Stars 

Blurb ~  Flynn Rand spent the last decade as the lead singer of one of the world’s most famous bands. Although he's got a reputation as a player, he’s decided that it’s time to find something real.

One look at a photo of Tessa Hamilton had him hooked.

Tessa’s teenage celebrity crush was Flynn Rand. Now he was offering her the professional opportunity of a lifetime, a job as the official photographer for the Renegade Saints farewell tour. Assuring herself that her teenage attraction to Flynn wouldn’t hold up when she met him in person, Tessa took the job.

The chemistry between them is immediate and powerful, but Tessa is hesitant to explore their connection.

Flynn has no intention of giving up, and he intends to prove to her that they are meant to be together.

Can Flynn convince Tessa that their attraction to each other is the real thing?

REVIEW
Remember when you were in middle school and your bedroom walls were covered with pictures of movie stars, musical acts and of course the ever popular boy-bands. I can totally admit that I was obsessed with the Backstreet Boys. I read every magazine article I could find, cut out every picture or mention of them, bought countless paraphernalia that I still have to this day and lost my voice screaming at their concerts. 

This story was every teenage girls dream come to life. Tessa has been obsessed with Flynn Rand since she was a young girl. In fact the only time she feels any sexual spark/tingles are when looking at a picture of Flynn. At 17 she attends a concert where to her luck Flynn notices her and practically serenades the entire set to her. Years pass but her devotion-I mean obsession- does not fade. Now an adult, Tessa works as a photographer and somehow Flynn stumbles upon a picture of her. Flynn gets just as sucked in by Tessa as she was by him in all her fan girl magazines. When they finally meet in person, life outside of these two ceases to exist.  I’ll admit they both have some weird intimacy hang-ups but in some twisted way it proves how meant to be they are - if this was some twisted MTV romance….
Both Flynn and Tessa are quirky and outrageous characters. Their idiosyncrasies make them that much more interesting, such as the fact she has no problem admitting to him that she masturbated to his picture but gets all flustered and afraid to discuss sexual histories. Which brings me to the heat factor. The spicy-ness is off the hook in this book. The characters are super emotional at times and when Flynn decides to be a dick-he takes it to a whole ‘nother level, but Tessa gives it back just as good. The sex is crazy hot and rarely ever happens in a bed. Intrigued yet.??There’s also a MFM love triangle that I was dying to hear more about. All I know is they better get their own story cause I NEED to know. 

My only complaint with this story is how little time passes. Basically Tessa is hired by the band to take pictures during their upcoming and final tour. But the entire book takes place before the tour even though all they do is talk and talk about the tour. I would have been happy with at least one chapter during the action so we can see what Flynn was like on tour and Tessa was like during the tour. It almost felt like building hype for something and then forgetting to add the details. This did not make the story bad at all, I really enjoyed it, I was just disappointed because I felt left out. 

If rock stars are your thing, Picture Perfect is for you. There is some hella insta-love (without them even meeting) but because I could only dream that this would happen to me, it all worked out beautifully. I recommend this, it unfortunately wasn’t too long but definitely an enjoyable, non-put-downable read.

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...