Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nearly Broken Review

Book Review June 11

Nearly Broken 

by: Devon Ashley

★★★★★ 5 Stars but deserving of many many more!!!

Blurb ~ Nineteen year old Megan Smith has spent the past year working in a small town diner in the middle of nowhere. Life is quiet, simple, safe. Then comes the news that her look-a-like has gone missing.

Claire.

Still damaged both physically and mentally, Megan's not looking to be noticed. Wherever she goes from here, it's a road she needs to take alone. But when Nickolas Ellis takes the job as the new nightshift cook, it scares her how easily her defenses crumble down, down, down for him. But there are secrets she can't bear to share with just anyone, unspeakable acts that continue to haunt, and when the similarities of Claire’s abduction couples with the fear of an unwanted visitor in town, the urge to run before it all happens again intensifies, threatening the only happiness Megan's ever found.
 Recommended for 17+ for mature and disturbing situations, language and sexual content.


Review 
When it comes to Nearly Broken I feel like I belong in a different time because I begin to speak like this in reference to it, “ Oh, Nearly Broken, how I love thee, let me count the ways…” And as ridiculous as that sounds I can’t help it. If this book was a living breathing thing, I would make babies with it. Or at the least with Nickolas who has stolen my heart and brain, if it wasn’t obvious. 

Nearly Broken played to every one of my reading desires.  There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING bad I can say about it. I loved every single page and though I felt the end was a bit rushed I was a hairbreadth away from throwing a full blown tantrum and stomping my feet when it ended.  Devon Ashley I have this to say to you in regards to Nearly Broken-“Wow. You have honestly done an amazing, superb job and I honestly thank you for writing something so real, heartbreaking and wonderful." 
Now to the good stuff, I will try to keep my review as simple and straightforward as possible because there are many plot points and I don’t want to spoil a single one. There are some more disturbing and dark moments, so if you normally veer away from those, I’ve warned you.  We meet Megan Smith who is working in a dive of a diner for the past year or so. It becomes clear very soon that Megan is running away from something and hiding from her past. But unlike most girls running from their past, Megan has due cause to be afraid and stay in hiding. It’s not until a new cook, Nickolas, comes along that Megan begins to break from her shell. 

I almost want to break down over how much I want to say about this book but aside from it’s the BEST THING EVER, I will not say anymore. I one million percent recommenced this book and could not have been happier reading it and just in knowing that I was lucky enough to read it. This book is one that will make you sad to move on because it will continue to stay with you long after you are done. The characters will continue to haunt your dreams and you’ll never want to wake up. 

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...