Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saved Review

Book Review April 13th

Saved (Wanted #2)
by: Kelly Elliott

★★★★★ 5 Stars+++++

Blurb: Arianna and Jefferson’s love is true but will it be enough? 
Ari who comes from a loving home with a family who has had more than their share of difficulties, is faced with possibly losing the love of her life. All she dreams of is growing old and having children with Jeff, but a family history and a conniving Rebecca could shatter that dream. Trying to support Jeff and cope with all the truths and possibilities of her own destiny may prove to be more than one person can handle.
Jeff’s dream is to raise horses on his ranch in Mason with the only women who has ever filled his heart and soul. But he’s running the risk of losing her by trying to be the man he knows he should be by taking on his responsibilities. He’s completely bewitched by the passionate and always outspoken Ari, but needs to do right for the child that could possibly be his.
Despite all the odds stacked against them can their relationship be…..SAVED?
~~~MY REVIEW~~~
But HOLY MOTHER F@#%ING SHI%T FU$% What was with that ending. As if the entire situation between Ari and Jeff didn't have my pulling my hair and Heather and Josh's drama leaving my stomach in knots this END literally demolished me.....
description
I have not even written the review for Wanted yet and yet I can't help but let off some steam or maybe tension from finishing this book. To say this book is an emotional disaster and will tear you up is an understatement. It's as if everything just keeps getting progressively worse for these characters. Every step forward puts them a mile back.
All that aside I flippin LOVED Saved. God, it's warped my mind. I'm not usually one to like a combo of so many POV's but these characters have a way of becoming family and their drama is your drama. No matter how bad shit is, you just keep trucking right along with them. And I'll admit they're all so very strong. Of course they break at moments, but who in their shoes wouldn't. Yet, somehow they get right back on the horse (so to speak) and move on. Especially Ari. Even when Jeff is torn in knots about the Rebecca debacle and not being the best boyfriend/fiancé he could be, she takes her moment and then puts the smile right back on her face.
Honestly, I could go on and on about this book but I don't want to ruin it for anyone. It's simply a work of art. There is an obscene amount of smelling, grammar and editing issues. Pretty bad at times but all I can think of now is about the end and makes those errors seem juvenile.
The timeline is all over the place here which bothered me a little. Filled with a few flashbacks but mostly large time jumps where months pass. It works seamlessly but with all the characters POV's occurring it's like some get left out only making the addiction you have of them worse.
description
I'll admit I wasn't always the biggest fan of Jeff but as corny as it sounds he makes Ari ridiculously happy even through all the shit and her loving him since she was 10 makes it easier. The two really complement each other and thank the heavens they finally worked through their shit. Ari's parents were unbelievable. They stood up for her when she needed them and Ari's dad put the fear of God in Jeff and it was a delight to watch his manliness pale at the thought of Mark having him 'watched.'
Gunner's grandparents are again, too cute for words. Everyone dreams of their lifelong love and it's adorable how close and naughty they still are at their age. These two really make a family for everyone. And with Gunner settling stuff with his parents and becoming a father it was a relief. I still think Gunner is too good to be true. His romantic gestures made me swoon and I could easily understand how Ellie constantly wants to crawl all over his hot cowboy bod.
Overall.
OH MY GOD, read this. Well, read Wanted first. And be prepared for the mother of all cliffhangers. I'm not only left lost and confused but slightly happy for the others and still wanting to scream at the top of my lungs. Waiting however long for Heather and Josh's story is going to feel like living half a life. Zombie life here I come. My only hope is their own book, though I'm sure will be filled with more gut wrenching pain and heartbreak, will lead them to a HEA finally....
description
Links for Saved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...