Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hopeless Review

Book Review March 8th

Hopeless 

by: Colleen Hoover

★★★★★ 5 Stars

Blurb: Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.



I think I can easily say that Hopeless is one of my favorite books EVER!! It's an absolute recommend and Sky and Holder's story needs to be read. It does not disappoint. It has all the romance, an angsty bad boy you can't figure out and holds a shocking plot twist that will leave you wanting more and more!!!


WHAT I LOVED
Sky and her mom. Her mom is great and so New Age. Almost too perfect. She doesn't swear, believes technology is the devil. And shares a friendship with Sky that makes them stronger together and still works with the whole mother-daughter dynamic.

Sky's bravery and brazenness. God, the stuff she went through and still has to. She is beyond strong and she is a great role-model. When we first meet Sky, I'll admit it's in a shocking way. But it's who she is and even she doesn't understand why she's so interested but uninterested in guys at the same time.

Breckin. The ever popular gay best friend. Although Breckin was perfect. Everything about him and thank the Lord he was not overdone, too flamboyant or overly done. And boy does he know how to make an entrance.

The texting. No matter whom it was from, Six or Holder I loved them. Six took her BFF duties to another level and Holder made me laugh out loud with his unique way of keeping Sky from becoming too conceited with his ego-deflating texts.

Six, Sky's original BFF. She is the ultimate best friend and I was overjoyed that even though she was in a foreign exchange program most of the book, she still had a strong voice and her personality rings through loud and clear.

Holder. I could just die. He's sooo much better than any book boyfriend I've encountered yet. I could (and want to) just read about him all day. He's so deep, emotional and everything about him, even his moodiness just makes him more intriguing and interesting. Even if you too think he may have Multiple Personality Disorder like Sky did, at times LOL...You'll easily wanna steal him for yourself. "Let me inform you of something... The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you" - Holder

Holder getting drunk off fruity froufrou girl drinks....

Sky needing a chapter break.

Holder's declaration at the restaurant.

"I'm in like with you,"-Holder and Sky. This should not be as romantic as it is... But I love it!!!

How the Hopelessness shifts.

Honestly, the whole hidden secret in the plot was an A+. Everything about the 'situation' was handled well and I was glad Sky was able to make and find her peace with the truth. Colleen Hoover is one of few who stays within the lines of New Adult fiction but also bends the lines and makes her stories unique and different. Hopeless was everything I never knew I wanted in a book. Every page was remarkable and luckily I own the e-book version which will not crease and crumble from the many re-reads I see happening in the future.

WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT

Sky's numbness and the ways in which she achieves them. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand, it just made me sad for Sky and at times Holder as well.

Breckin is so amazing and he's there through much of the story but about 3/4 of the way in. He sorta disappears after the truth is revealed and I wanted to at least see him one more time rather than have him disappear into the book world never to be heard from again. His voice and personality are so loud I can almost hear him trying to get his last word in. 

I found the death to be a little over the top. It seemed to go by too flawlessly. Maybe it's all the CSI's out there but it seems like Holder and Sky got away without leaving a clue and not one witness. 

And can I just say Ms. Hoover has a unique and fabulous writing style. Even the sex is clean, minus the details but still more than enough to leave you wanting more.

I will be reading Hopeless as often as possible. You NEED to read it to. What are you waiting for!!!

Here's the Amazon Link to get your own copy!!!

HAPPY READING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...