Friday, March 15, 2013

Fallen Too Far Review

Book Review March 11th

Fallen Too Far 

by: Abbi Glines

★★★★ 4 Stars

Blurb: She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.



I really enjoyed Fallen too Far. I’ll admit there were so iffy parts for me but the big mystery within the book really helped turn things around for me. I loved the mystery of it all and the uniqueness of the characters.
I’m glad I waited until both books were out because this one definitely ends in way that you want to find out what happens because the story of Rush and Wynn is far from over. 
I had a hard time liking Rush in the beginning. He fits right into the role of spoiled rock-star son. He throws wild parties every weekend, has no respect for anyone really and treats girls like disposable candy wrappers. But Rush is like an onion. He has so many layers it was fascinating to watch each one pull away. His dedication to his family is admirable and he gallantly begins to see the reality that is Wynn not the fake evil persona he gave her in his head. I did not like nor do I ever like seeing the male lead having sex with other girls in the books. And this happens more than once with Rush. Blaire doesn’t seem to mind but I guess it’s really only her opinion that matters. Also considering Rush’s life and lifestyle it’s more understanding. And when the BIG SECRET is revealed I felt more connected to him as if it represented the pain in his life and all the sex was just his way of hiding from reality. 

Blaire. Wow what a character. She never complains about anything and is literally just happy to wake up and see the sun each morning. She is a refreshing relief after so many other weak heroines in related books. I mean she practically lives in Harry Potter’s room under the stairs, eats peanut butter and bread for a meal and takes criticism from the rich country club members like they are compliments. I’ll admit at times she was a bit annoying with her infatuation with Rush especially when he continually warned her off and she caught him in the act twice. She was intrigued and I was a bit grossed out, I mean once they're together she now has actual memories of him with other chicks. (These scenes always bother me). I was unsure how I would like the entire story until she admitted to having Backstreet Boys covering her walls when she was younger and instantly I had to love her. We became kindred spirits. 

Her father. Three words = Piece of SH*T. Nothing more to say. He never even tries to redeem himself. He should be left in the desert with no water or sunscreen. 

I was absolutely blown away when the families lie is uncovered. Granted, the way she finds out is none to pleasant, but to think all she has dealt with and they were all lies to begin with. I loved this twist though, because I was never ever expecting it. And I think it helped make Rush more real and I was able to understand him and his position more.

OMG Blaire won me over right from the beginning when she pulled out her gun. What a badass. For someone who was taking care of her mom who just passed away I thought she was so REAL. She surely fits her roots and doesn’t let anything get in her way. Even a spoiled step-brother. 

Grant is great. He is the only one to stick up for her even though she shoves a gun in his face. He seems to truly care about her predicament of being homeless when Rush is willing to throw her out. I hope he gets his own story ASAP and Nan. Wow, she’s a trip. She has Rush wrapped around her finger and she has no problem making him jump whenever she wants. I hope within the next few books she not only learns the truth but can begin to let up on Blaire, who technically did nothing wrong and is not even as connected as Nan thought.  

I was so glad that Blaire's strength remained until the end. The decision she had to make was not easy and though the book ends with questions unanswered it’s clear that Blaire needs time to figure things out before her world gets turned more upside down. 

Overall
NA fans, this book is a must read. The connection and romance between the characters is not rushed or fake, you can actually watch it develop. There’s a mystery that will keep you guessing and its unpredictability is refreshing and you will be ready to start book Never Too Far immediately after. And I'm sure the fact that you can own both books for under 5$ helps.

Amazon Links

HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...