Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Whispers at Moonrise Review

Book Review Feb. 23

Whispers at Moonrise

by: C.C. Hunter

★★  5 Stars

Synopsis: Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf.  With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.

As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante.  Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway.  Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late—all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever.   In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure.  Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.


I'm pretty sure I fell in love with this book. When it ended and I didn't have another to pick up I was literally sad. Kylie's adventures continue and this book does not disappoint. So much happens, you can almost feel the culmination of the END of the series waiting in the wings. Luckily April is not that far away.

What I love about these books is how smooth the books flow together. Whispers at Moonrise picks up right when Taken ends. Kylie has a new ghost and rather than her be unsure of their identity, this time, readers are in the dark for part of the book because it is someone at camp. Unless, of course,you read the back cover, than you already know who it is.

Derek and Lucas continue to dish out massive amounts of pheromones and Kylie's final decision on who to pick seems to get harder each book. Everything seems fine until the end and so much comes crashing down. Lucas is hiding a bigger secret than even I expected and I wanted to punch his lights out. As if Kylie needs more on her plate with trying to decipher who she is, whether she belongs with her family or how to deal with all her ghosts. Can't say I wouldn't be stressed if I was her. She is such a perfect portrayal of a teen girl and considering all she is going through she rarely if ever complains. I would be freaking out in Holidays office non-stop but not Kylie. She's beyond determined to find answers, not only to her problems, but everyone else's as well.

OMG I was beyond happy that Kylie's scheming with Burnett and Holiday payed off in the end. With all the drama and realizations Holiday has to endure I was shocked she actually made a rational decision and gave into her feelings. I still can't understand Kylie's mom. And what kind of parent brings their boyfriend to parents day. I mean HELLO!!, that's not only wrong but it's plain ol' mean. I loved how Kylie flipped out. It probably wasn't in the best taste but I was completely on Kylie's side.

And can I just say, Kylie has the best supernatural ability EVER. She is not restricted to one race, rather she is a representation of them all. Almost like society today with so many mixed cultures and backgrounds. It's so sad knowing there is only one more book because I feel like that will not be enough to capture all the AWESOMENESS that becomes Kylie when she is able to control who she is and the powers she has.And Fredericka not being such a bitch, whoa. That will totally take some getting used to. Overall I'm still sad I finished this book. I can't wait till the next one comes out but it's the final in the series so let's hope for 500+ pages..... :)

I would definitely recommend this book, of course, so long as you read the first three as well.

HAPPY READING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...